Sunday, June 22, 2014

Placement


The word of my summer is placement.

The program I am a part of for the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service places their Pathways Career employees at a refuge to work at after they finish the education they are pursuing.  It use to be a guaranteed full time job in the discipline you have been pursuing, but currently they are giving Pathways students a one year position and after that one year is over they send you somewhere else or they convert you to a full time employee.  

The fun part is that I signed a mobility statement back in 2011 saying that I will go wherever they need me (that's how I ended up in Southeast Missouri).  Below is a map of Region 3 (the region that I signed up with).  There are 8 states that contain 55 National Wildlife Refuges.  The current plan is that one of them will be my place of employment for 2015.

































I graduate on December 20, 2014.  The Fish and Wildlife Service has 120 days to place me after that.  The intern coordinator has already talked to me and my supervisor about how they have started talking about my placement up in the regional office.  I will be going to the regional office the last week of July for an intern workshop and I have a feeling that my placement will be talked about while I am up there.

I have a peace about what will happen and I am trusting that God has his hand in directing me to where I need to be.  I have been praying over this map since 2011 and I am now asking you to do the same.


No comments:

Post a Comment